Product Liability Lawyer Greenville, SC
Product Liability Lawyer Greenville, SC – We come into contact with consumer products every day, whether you are at work, in your home, in transit, or during your free time. We use all sorts of manufactured goods with little to no thought about the risks of that product. Every year, thousands of individuals are injured or killed by hazardous products on the market regardless of consumer protection laws and the progressions in manufacturing techniques. Some companies are more interested in getting their product on the market as fast as possible in order to profit, even though these products are not as safe as they should be. If you or a loved one has been hurt or gotten sick due to faulty, hazardous, or defective product you should contact one of our experienced product liability lawyers right away. Read more about product liability insurance information.
Comprehending South Carolina’s Products Liability Law
Product Liability Lawyer Greenville, SC – If you have been hurt or gotten sick by a dangerous product, you may consider filing for a lawsuit. According to South Carolina law, manufacturers and vendors of faulty products are held liable for damages and injuries caused by the product’s defect. South Carolina law also has a requirement that you file for a faulty product liability lawsuit within three years of the initial date of the injury. The companies that design, produce, and sell these products are obligated to make them safe for consumers, or at least warn them about any essential dangers. If the company fails to do so, they are held responsible and must compensate the victims of their faulty products. A products liability lawsuit gives consumers who are injured by faulty products a chance to set things right. By filing for a products liability lawsuit, the consumer may be able to reclaim damages for:
- Costs of medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- The amount your overall income has been diminished
- Other losses
The three types of Product Liability Claims:
- Faulty Design: This defect occurs before the product is even manufactured. The company can be held accountable for a design flaw.
- Manufacturing defect: In the occurrence of a manufacturing defect, not all the products that were produced are faulty. This defect typically occurs when the product is being assembled before it is sold on the market.
- Advertising or Marketing defect: In the occasion of a faulty marketing or advertising defect the company can be responsible for failing to include the proper instructions or warnings for the product. As well as advertising for a purpose that is incompatible with the product.
Steps to Take if You Have Been Injured by a Product:
- First and foremost, you should seek medical attention and consult with your doctor to ensure that you receive the proper treatment for your injuries.
- Secondly you should collect as much evidence as you possibly can. Take pictures of the products and your injuries for documentation. Record your recollection of the incident. As well as gather any eyewitness’s testimony (if anyone saw the accident) and contact information.
- Do not continue to use the product, if you know about the defect and continue to use the product in question you could lose the right to make a claim. Put the faulty product and any packaging, instructions, or labels that it came with in a safe place. These items are vital in proving your case
- Last but not least, consult with one of our reputable product liability lawyers here at Greenville Injury Lawyers.
If you or a loved one has been injured or made sick by a faulty product do not hesitate to contact one of our experienced lawyers here at Greenville Injury Lawyers. Call 123.123.1234 today!