Have you or a loved one been injured as a result of using a hernia mesh? You may be eligible to file a claim for compensation.
Hernia mesh lawsuits are legal claims filed against manufacturers of surgical mesh used in the treatment of hernias. However, many individuals have suffered serious injuries after faulty mesh implants failed.
To date, the largest settlement against hernia mesh manufacturers was over $180 million, paid by C.R. Bard to settle nearly 3000 cases.
Could you be owed compensation?
THIS IS AN ACTIVE LAWSUIT: CLICK HERE TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
What is a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
Some patients who were outfitted with hernia mesh as part of a surgical procedure claim that these medical products directly resulted in severe injuries requiring revision surgery in order to repair the damage.
These victims are suing the manufacturers of mesh products used in such surgeries, claiming compensation for damages including but not limited to medical bills, lost quality of life, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Claim That:
- Mesh designs were faulty and/or defective;
- The products were improperly labeled, failing to adequately warn both doctors and patients about the risk of mesh failure and/or other complications;
- Mesh products were defectively manufactured; and
- That the victims’ doctor(s) committed malpractice by implanting faulty mesh products
What Types of Injuries May Lead to a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
Patients filing suit often suffer from severe injuries as a result of hernia mesh products, requiring one or more additional surgeries in order to correct problems that arise. In some cases, victims claim complications continued even after revision surgery.
You may qualify to join a mass tort case if you experienced one or more of the following complications after having a hernia mesh surgery, and/or if your doctor recommended revision surgery as a result of complications from your hernia mesh.
- Pain lasting for months or years post-operation
- Nerve damage and/or chronic inflammation
- Adhesion of mesh to tissue or other organs
- Obstruction of the bowel
- Mesh failure
- Migration of mesh to other locations
- Seromas – fluid buildup around the surgical site
- Perforation of tissue or organs due to hernia mesh punctures
- Recurrence of hernia
- Revision surgery
- Long-term or delayed complications
- Testicular or groin pain
Why File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
As a victim of faulty hernia mesh products, you may be eligible to receive life-changing compensation, including compensation related to:
- Economic losses – such as medical bills and lost wages
- Emotional and mental distress
- Punitive damages – aimed at punishing the defendant and acting as a preventative measure to protect others from such behavior
Who is Eligible to File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit?
You may be eligible to file a claim if you received mesh made by Bard Davol, Atrium, or Ethicon, and subsequently experienced complications including those listed above.
If you have questions, contact us as soon as possible to ensure that your lawsuit (if eligible) is filed on time. There are deadlines and statutes of limitations that vary by state and may be applicable to your potential case.
OTHER QUALIFYING FACTORS:
- Your first hernia repair surgery using mesh was on or after January 1st, 2006
- You suffered serious injuries as a result of this surgery
- You were required or were advised to have revision or additional surgeries due to complications